Translate

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day Fifteen

========================
Pulmonary Embolism Recovery
========================
First meeting with my Coumadin manager; a very nice and well-informed nurse practitioner.

He had the results of my Hypercoagulation tests, which indicate my genetic predisposition for coagulation problems. All tests were negative, except for one: Factor VIII, which was at 200% and should not have exceeded 150%.

However, the good news is that Factor VIII is not a reliable measure if the blood sample was drawn from a patient recently diagnosed for Pulmonary Embolism. This article shows how Factor VIII can decrease if the test is done a few months after the Pulmonary Embolism event.

I will ask my doctor to redo the Factor VIII test after my six months of Coumadin treatment. Hopefully the number will be lower than 150%!

=============
Hernia Recovery
=============
Not much change from the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment