Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day Sixteen: Back to the EMERGENCY ROOM!

=========================
Pulmonary Embolism Recovery
=========================
I woke up with a pain on my left side, running from my left oblique muscle all the way to the middle of my left shoulder blade. The pain was so great that I went to the ER, again!

They did an ultrasound of EVERY organ to ensure that I don't have any clots in any of them. No clots were found and the doctors concluded that the problem is muscle spasms.


However, a significant problem was found during the blood testing: my liver enzymes were VERY HIGH!

AST = 146
ALT = 301

The doctors believe that the Coumadin is the culprit, but it could also be the Lovenox, which is known for raising liver enzymes.

This is problematic. If Coumadin is toxic to my liver, I will not be able to use it! I will need to go on another medication, but all others seem to have a worse reputation than Coumadin.

Doctor recommended new liver tests within a few days to see if the numbers go down. If they do, then the culprit is most likely Lovenox(which I stopped taking 48 hours before the blood test in the ER).

I really hope it's the Lovenox!!!

If that weren't enough, one of the ER docs, as he was walking out the door and telling me that I was being released from the hospital, said to me: "Oh, we did find that your kidneys are enlarged....but, we didn't find anything pathological."

WHAT?! ENLARGED KIDNEYS! Could this be why my lower back hurts?! The doctors insist that the problem is with muscle spasms and NOT with the kidney/s/

My "simple" hernia surgery is getting more complex by the day :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment