Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day Twenty-Seven

I haven´t been posting for the past few days. Moving forward I will only post every so often, whenever an update is warranted.

=============
Hernia Recovery
=============
For the first time in many days I'm posting about my hernias, first. My pulmonary embolism issue seems to have stabilized(at least for the time being).

I am able to walk approximately one mile without much pain. I only feel tightness afterward and some soreness. My right incision still burns whenever I bend or twist in certain positions. I find it's most painful whenever I sit in a car. It's not the seat belt, but the position I'm sitting in.

Something that has not been getting better are my legs. They are VERY WEAK when I wake up in the morning. When I stretch my legs in bed, first thing in the morning, my legs tremble uncontrollably, sending a pain shooting up to my abdominal muscles. I am able to get this under control once I roll out of bed and start to walk. I require a lot of stretching of my calf muscles in order to walk properly.

The other night, out of nowhere, both my legs kicked up from an extended position into a bent position, with knees nearly hitting me in the chest!!! Interestingly, I had no pain! But, it was certainly strange, to say the least. I'm wondering if there's some nerve damage, or nerve sensitivity at work.

Who knows what's really going on! Hernia surgery is a Pandora's box!

=========================
Pulmonary Embolism Recovery
=========================
No pain in my lungs and no blood in my sputum for the past week. Taking Coumadin, once per day, as prescribed.

I worked out my upper body with rubber bands(which simulate weight between 20-40 lbs) and raised my heart rate to 150(170 is my max, per my age). I was not out of breath, nor tired. A little sore the next day, in my shoulders and triceps; specially since I haven't worked out in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment