Translate

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day Three

4AM - The pain wakes me up. The burning sensation is too much to handle and my wife feeds me two more Oxycodone/Acetaminophen 5-325mg tables; and she applies an ice pad to the area of the incisions.

8:00AM - Amazingly,  I am able to sleep all the way 'til 8AM! I say "amazingly", because of the great pain I felt the day before.

9:00AM - I am able to walk to the bathroom with much less help. I still need a guide, but I no longer have to drag my feet! I can actually raise my feet about 2-4 inches off the ground, without any 'major' pain. Don't get me wrong, I'm still in pain! But, nowhere near the pain I was feeling the day before.

10:00AM - I eat a nice, hearty breakfast and turn on the TV for some ESPN and whatever else catches my interest. My mood is considerably better than it was the day before.

12:00PM - I look down and see that my penis is twice it's normal width....and PURPLE! My left testicle is twice its normal size. The doctor warned me that such things would happen. But one thing is to be told and another completley different thing is to see it for yourself!

3:00PM - I get up to walk around; the little that I can. With my wife's help I am able to make the bathroom in about 2-3 minutes and once again I defecate with the help of a suppository.

The problem that I have now is that my lower back hurts more than my incisions! This is because I'm not able to move while lying down on the couch. Also, since I can't straighten up while walking, my back is doing a LOT of extra work.  At this point I start applying ice to my left buttock; which is throbbing from pain!

I got a bit wired out tonight; perhaps because I walked more than I should have, and finding it very difficult to sleep.

It's 11PM and I'm wide awake....

I'm shutting down the lights, the computer and going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment