Translate

Monday, May 7, 2012

Day Four

(I'm still confined to my recliner sofa)

6:00AM - I wake up with more of the same burning pain that I felt the day before. This time, the left incision burns more than the one on the right. And, for the first time, I feel a slight burning sensation in the area where the right mesh was applied.

I take two more Oxycodone/Acetaminophen 5-325mg tables and fall asleep within a few minutes.

11:30AM - I wake up and for THE FIRST TIME I feel like I got some rest!
                
I walk to the bathroom, to urinate, with little help and using only a walking cane! We're making some progress. ;-)

The rest of the day is not much different than the previous day. I still feel burning in the area of the incisions on a scale from 4-7, but mostly in the lower end of that scale.

However, toward the end of the evening, around 8PM I try to get up off the couch by myself, using only the cane, and I succeed! This is a HUGE step forward! I feel some burning in the incisions, but nothing that I can't handle.

====
Notes
====
- I still need to use glycerin suppositories to help me defecate.
- The swelling in my testicles has not increased, but they are considerably swollen(but no pain at all).
- My back hurts MUCH LESS since we realigned the pillow that was under my back. We now have it where it runs lengthwise from the top to the bottom of my back. This is MIUCH more comfortable!

10:30PM - Shut down the computer and the lights and go off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment