Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day Ten: 3rd day in the hospital for Pulmonary Embolism

The nurse gave me some ear plugs and I was able to sleep a little more last night; but not nearly as much as I needed. It's nearly impossible to get any rest when the RNs and CNAs are coming into my room every 2-3 hours to check my vital signs and to draw blood. The blood is used to analyze my INR level.


I take my second and third Lovenox doses(12 hrs apart at 9AM and 9PM).
I take my FIRST Coumadin dose of 7.5 mg.

The goal is ween the Lovenox and only use Coumadin to regulate my INR.


Interestingly, I am expelling MORE blood from my lungs than when I came in. Doctor said it was "normal" since I'm taking the anticoagulants.

What about the hernias? Why aren't you talking about them?
The hernias are healing fine. A little burning in the incision areas(specially the right side). No pain whatsoever, or discomfort, in the area of the mesh.

At this point, the hernias take a back seat to the Pulmonary Embolism.

End of my third day in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment