Translate

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Day Of The Surgery

Friday May 4, 2012:

Today I go in for a double open inguinal hernia surgery. "Double" because I have TWO hernias. The one on the left is about golf ball size and the one on the right is slightly smaller.

5:30AM - Arrived at hospital for registration.
7:30AM -Wheeled into surgery.
9:00AM Surgery completed.

About 10 minutes after surgery, in the recovery room, I began to feel a burning sensation in the area of the incisions. The nurse injected pain medication via my IV and the pain went away almost immediately.

I feel well enough to walk out of the hospital! "Hey, this isn't so bad", I told my nurse. She quickly replied: "Wait until the local anesthetic wears away. You WILL feel pain".

1:30PM - Released from hospital.
2:30PM - Eating brunch at home: three egg omelet with chili ;-)
3:00PM - I'm outside, in front of the house, walking around with a cane and chatting with my neighbors about my operation. So far, feeling NO PAIN!

Once inside the house, I'm reduced to the sofa, since lying down on the bed is a bit uncomfortable(feels like my insides are being pulled apart, but not feeling any pain. Just uncomfortable).

10:00PM - I take two Oxycodone/Acetaminophen 5-325mg tables and go to sleep on the couch.

So far, so good......

No comments:

Post a Comment